Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Brief Introduction and Justification for this Blog.

I generally find blogs to be tiresome, useless, and grandiose demonstrations of self-centered meditation with little to back them up. By and large, I despise them, and have sympathy for those who condemn them universally.

Interspace has no shortage of blogs that are nasty, ill-informed and whiny. In many ways, they re-invent these quintessentially American traditions in cyberspace for all to see, for we are often proud of our sulkiness and ill-temper.

The title comes from a concept for a bumpersticker, which enraptured me not enough to print:

I'm a Brachiating Troglodyte - And I Vote!

I felt compelled to create this as an American Diogenes, in search of any fellows online who are not numbskulls or mindless can-do puppets. I am still cynical about the likelihood of finding any.

No comments:

Post a Comment