Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Ending, the Stand. A Fan Fiction of the Novel by Stephen King. Why.

I have enjoyed Stephen King's work for a long time.  I seemed to have dropped off reading some just before The Stand, and I avoided it - not like the plague, just avoided it - for some time.

I just picked it up and very much enjoyed it.  I had a set of chapters come to mind, leading to a very cool ending, and I was sure this was how the book was going to end.  By about Page 800, I was getting dubious that the plot could develop quickly enough to end this way.

And it did not.

I was born in Henderson, Nevada, which was near the scene of the explosive ending of The Stand, and also was the scene of a real explosive ending of a rocket fuel plant, quite the piece of video art.

And I couldn't leave off such a great ending.

So, here's some chapters that start interleaving into the book, from late June to the end of the tale.

I hope you like it.  It's fun.

The Story Begins

No comments:

Post a Comment